Welcome to the Department of Psychology!
New personnel are encouraged to take the following steps to ensure a smooth onboarding experience.
- Confirm your schedule with your supervisor or PI.
- Submit your vaccine and booster verification to HUHS.
- Pick up your Harvard ID (HUID) card. To obtain your ID card, send a self-portrait with a white background (for your ID card image) to email@example.com. The following day, you can visit the ID Office on the first floor of the Smith Campus Center at 1350 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138 from 9:00-4:00, Monday through Friday to pick up your card.
- Confirm that you have swipe access enabled on your HUID card. Swipe access may only be activated after you have your physical ID card in hand. To request swipe access, ask your lab manager to send your HUID number to Sabrina Joaquim (William James Hall) or Jesselynn Opie (Northwest Labs).
Sign up for the MRI Safety Class (if applicable). Researchers must attend the MRI New Researcher Safety Class before gaining access to the Neuroimaging Facility. Email Larry White to sign up for a class. Sign-up for the CBSN mailing list to receive safety class and other CBS Neuroimaging announcements.
Request Neuroimaging Facility Building Access (if applicable). Email Caroline West with your HUID number and verify that you have completed MRI safety training.
- Confirm that you have keys to your designated lab or office space. If you do not have keys, contact your lab manager or PI, who can request keys for you via PRESTO.
- Review the EH&S COVID-19 Resources for the latest On-Campus Activity Guidance.
- Plan your commute to campus. Update your Charlie Card or parking permit at https://www.transportation.harvard.edu/. Some parking lots / garages now offer 3-day parking permits. See more from the Parking Office.
Onboarding questions may be directed to the main administrative office. Please call 617-495-3800.